GraphQL tokens are required to call the GraphQL API.
To generate a token please do the following:
- Log into Xledger at https://www.xledger.net/. You must log in with a user that has the Administrator role.
- Select the entity you wish to generate the token for.
- Open a new tab in your browser, while remaining logged into to Xledger.
- In the new tab go to https://www.xledger.net/f/api-tokens.
- Click the Generate New Token button at the top of the screen.
- Enter a meaningful token description e.g. “ConnectMyApps Token”
- Select the scopes the token should have access to (see screenshot). Please check with your ConnectMyApps technical contact to confirm which scopes are relevant for your integration. Important! In order for ConnectMyApps to test that the generated token is valid we must call the GraphQL and execute a test query. Currently this is done by sending a query to get the first 10 customers. This means that you must enable at least Read access to the “Accounts Receivable” scope, in addition to the actual required scopes for your integration. Your ConnectMyApps technical contact will confirm this with you in advance.
- You will see a token on the screen, copy it. The token is sensitive and should be stored securely and never sent via email or other unsecured communication mechanism.
- Log in to your ConnectMyApps account: https://cloudmanager.connectmyapps.com/
- Go to Applications, then click Add New Application.
- Search for Xledger GraphQL and select it.
- Enter your token from step 8 and select Live as environment.
- Click Authenticate, you should see a green “success” message.
- You will now be prompted to give your application a name. We recommend you put the Xledger entity code and environment in the name, to make it easy to recognise later. For example if your environment is live and code 99999 enter “99999 Live”.
- Well done! You have successfully added Xledger GraphQL as an application.
The description above is for generating a token for the live environment. To generate a token for the demo environment the process is the same, but with the following differences:
Step 1: Log in to https://demo.xledger.net/.
Step 4: Go to https://demo.xledger.net/f/api-tokens.
Step 14: Set the name to be entity code plus “Demo”.
If you have any issues with the steps please contact email@example.com