This guide will show you how to prepare and how to add Azure Active Directory as an application for use with integrations from ConnectMyApps.
To do this we will need to generate the following pieces of information:
- Client Id
- Tenant Id
- User Principal Name
(Note: This integration requires a Connect Unlimited subscription plan. Please contact us for sales information.)
Preparations in Azure Active Directory
1) Creating "Client Id" and "Tenant Id"
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure portal using an Administrator login. From “services” select “Azure Active Directory”.
If you have multiple Azure Active Directory tenants you must click “Switch tenant” to switch to the tenant you wish to integrate.
- Under “App Registrations” click “New Registration”.
- Enter a name for the app registration e.g. “ConnectMyApps”. Select “single tenant” as the account type. Leave the “redirect uri” blank and click the “Register” button.
- Once registration is complete, go to the “Overview” page for the registration and copy the client ID and tenant ID.
2) Granting permissions
- Next, while still on the “Overview” page, click the “View API permissions” button.
- In the next screen click “Add Permission” and choose “Delegated permissions”.
- Search for “User” permissions and tick the “User.ReadWrite.All” permission.
Once ticked, click the “Add Permissions” button.
- Once back on the “Permissions” screen click “Grant admin permission” and check that the “Status” column shows the green “Granted” symbol.
3) Creating "Secret"
- Next, from the side menu click “Certificates and secrets” and then click the “New client secret” button.
- Give the secret a name e.g. “ConnectMyApps” and set the expiry to “Never”.
- Next, copy the client secret that is displayed.
Important! The secret will only be displayed once, be sure to copy it before navigating away from the screen.
4) Creating user
The integration will require a user to connect to the Active Directory tenant.
- Return to the Azure Active Directory Tenant screen. From the menu on the left click “Users”.
- In the user screen create a new user and set the password. Copy the “User Principal Name” and “Password” for the new user. Assign the user to the role “User administrator”.
Once the user is created you must log out of the Azure portal and login again as the user you created. This is required as Azure may require the user to have logged in once in order to be activated.
Adding the application in CloudManager
With the above steps completed, you should have all the necessary information needed to add Azure Active Directory as an application.
- Log into ConnectMyApps.
- Click Applications from the menu on the left and click “New Application”. From the list select “Azure Active Directory”.
- In the authentication screen enter the values copied for “Client Id”, “Tenant Id”, “Secret”, “User Principal Name” and “Password”.
- Click “Authenticate” and wait for on-screen confirmation of a successful connection. Give your new application an appropriate name.
Done! You have now added Azure Active Directory as an application, and you can use ConnectMyApps' workflows to integrate with other applications.